||This course focuses on various types of four-cycle motorcycle and ATV engines. Students will learn engine service and maintenance procedures. Students will also learn about motorcycle fuel systems and related components.
- Exhibit professionalism.
- Identify tools used for engine service.
- Understand the different engine configurations found on motorcycles and ATVs.
- Perform top-end engine service.
- Perform transmission and lower engine service.
- Perform camshaft timing on different engine configurations.
- Perform valve adjustments on multiple styles of valve trains.
- Troubleshoot engine problems.
- Locate and estimate parts costs.
- Identify the types of fuel systems use on motorcycles and ATVs.
- Perform tune up procedures on engines.
- Identify clutch system and components service procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines