||This course covers suspension operation and components. Student will learn suspension set-up and adjustment techniques and various suspension designs used by manufacturers. Students will perform suspension service on various manufacturers' snowmobiles.
- Identify and discuss spring types and characteristics.
- Discuss spring preload and compression rates.
- Discuss the basic purpose and function of shock absorbers.
- Identify and explain the basic function of standard oil filled, gas pressurized, gas bag, and pneumatic shock absorbers.
- Identify and discuss basic suspension system designs and components.
- Identify and discuss the major components of a steering system.
- List and discuss the basic factors associated with ski alignment.
- Identify and discuss the purpose of suspension.
- Identify and discuss the basic functions of springs, shocks and lever mechanisms.
- Identify and discuss the different suspension types and settings.
- Discuss front end and track alignment.
- Discuss chaincase operation and adjustment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines