||This course covers electrical and suspension systems. Students will learn where motorcycle electrical components are located and their specific testing procedures. Students also learn the different types of suspension systems and repair procedures. Students will learn how to set up a motorcycle suspension for optimum performance.
- Apply principles of proper safety procedures when working with electrical systems.
- Describe and demonstrate how to use a multi-meter to measure voltage, resistance and current.
- Read wiring diagrams.
- Identify electrical symbols.
- Describe the operation and functions of an ignition system.
- Describe the common components found in all types of ignition systems.
- Describe and test the electric starter systems used on motorcycles.
- Troubleshoot motorcycle charging systems.
- Identify the different frame designs used by motorcycle manufacturers.
- Explain how suspension components function.
- Identify suspension systems used by motorcycle manufacturers.
- Explain how an oil damper functions.
- Explain motorcycle fork rebuilding procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines