||This course is designed to introduce theories of disease causation and the pathophysiologic disorders that compromise healthy systems. Etiology, pathophysiologic responses, clinical manifestations, radiographic appearance and management of alterations in body systems will be presented.
- Describe basic terms related to pathology.
- Describe the basic manifestations of pathological conditions and their relevance to radiologic procedures.
- Discuss the classifications of trauma.
- Describe imaging procedures used in diagnosing disease.
- List the causes of tissue disruption.
- Describe the healing process.
- Identify complications connected witht he repair and replacement of tissue.
- Describe the various systemic classifications of disease in terms of etiology, types, common sites, complications and prognosis.
- Describe the radiographic appearance of diseases.
- Identify imaging procedures and interventional techniques appropriate for diseases common to each body system.
- Identify diseases caused by or contributed to genetic factors.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines