||This course covers the theory and operation and service procedures of the basic refrigeration system including the main components of the system: compressor, condenser, evaporator, metering device and domestic refrigeration. Student will develop troubleshooting techniques using computer and Omnidata refrigerator simulators.
- Demonstrate the use and advantages of technical manuals.
- Apply refrigeration safety.
- Identify refrigeration tubing process.
- Explain hand tool and meter use.
- Explain refrigeration tool use.
- Explain tube soldering and brazing methods.
- Describe refrigerant recovery and evacuation methods.
- Describe refrigeration system components.
- Describe refrigeration systems operations.
- Interpret gas pressures and termperature and system efficiency.
- Describe domestic refrigeration electrical systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines