||This course covers refrigerant management techniques approved by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA ) Section 608 of the Clean Air Act. The course will include environmental concerns, recovery, recycling and reclamation of different refrigerants. After completion of the course, students will be given the option of taking the EPA Refrigerant Certification Exam.
- Describe ozone depletion and its effect on global warming.
- Identify Department Of Transportation approved recovery cylinders.
- Explain Clean Air Act penalties for violations of Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
- Differentiate between recovery, reclaim and retrofit.
- Demonstrate proper recovery and reclaim methods.
- Differentiate between Chlorofluorocarbons, Hydrohlorofluorocarbons and Hydrofluorocarbons.
- Determine refrigerant cylinder safe filling level.
- Differentiate between stratospheric and surface ozone.
- Explain "de minimis" refrigerant losses provision.
- Recognize the difference between zeotropic and azeotropic blends and their affect on temperature glide.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines