||This course prepares students for more advanced lab sessions on commercial refrigeration systems. Students need to have a very good understanding of commercial refrigeration and electrical systems. Safety is emphasized.
|| Completion of HVAC/R diploma.
- Analyze liquid and suction line sizing requirements.
- Select appropriate method of capacity control.
- Assess different compressor types by their advantages and disadvantages.
- Describe evaporator differences depending on application.
- Describe the different ice machine manufacturers' methods of producing quality ice.
- Demonstrate the proper methods of cleaning commercial cubers and flakers.
- Contrast rack refrigeration to stand-alone systems.
- Evaluate different means of temperature and humidity control in commercial refrigeration.
- Compare methods for increasing condenser subcooling.
- Diagnose compressor failure using manufacturer's data.
- Determine when heat reclaim is a viable option.
- Demonstrate the need for oil pressure safety switches.
- Analyze vapor and liquid charging methods on large horsepower or rack refrigeration systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines