||This course gives students the opportunity to work on more complicated refrigeration systems through individual or paired groups on field trips, off-site meetings and hands-on projects. Safety is emphasized.
|| Completion of HVAC/R diploma.
- Determine if noncondensables are present in a refrigeration or air conditioning system.
- Repair a major leak using proper procedures as outlined by the Enviromental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Inspect a solenoid valve for worn or leaking parts.
- Solve an evaporator coil freeze-up complaint.
- Adjust an evaporator pressure regulator valve to maintain desired product temperature.
- Measure discharge and suction pressures to calculate compression ratio.
- Test the operation of an electronic oil pressure safety control.
- Demonstrate brazing techniques using oxyacetylene and TurboTorches.
- Use an electronic leak detector to locate a refrigerant leak.
- Maintain cooler temperature using a low-pressure control.
- Demonstrate how various commercial ice machines produce and harvest ice.
- Compare electronic and mechanical oil pressure safety controls.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines