||This course covers the electrical principles and schematics used in commercial, industrial, hospital and supermarket refrigeration systems. Safety is emphasized.
||Completion of HVAC/R diploma.
- Practice all safety guidelines regarding electricity.
- Design a low-pressure time-delay bypass circuit for low ambient conditions.
- Evaluate variable speed fan control options for head pressure control.
- Analyze uses for current sensing relays to determine if a load is operating.
- Design a manual reset bypass circuit to convert auto reset controls to manual reset controls.
- Evaluate the use of current relays in compressor motor starting.
- Contrast the difference between run and start capacitors.
- Determine when the use of potential relays for compressor motor starting is applicable.
- Evaluate electronic and mechanical oil pressure safety controls.
- Explain methods to test run and start capacitors.
- Contrast differences in commercial ice machines that use electronic control systems.
- Select appropriate motors for given applications.
- Identify advanced electrical components from a schematic diagram.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines