||This course covers the application of electrical principles used in commercial, industrial, hospital and supermarket refrigeration systems. Safety is emphasized.
|| Completion of HVAC/R diploma.
- Practice all safety guidelines regarding electricity.
- Install a low-pressure time-delay bypass circuit for low ambient conditions.
- Test run and start capacitors for opens, shorts and capacitance values using a volt-ohm meter.
- Install a hard start kit on a single-phase air conditioner.
- Demonstrate the use of current relays for compressor starting.
- Program a commercial multistage electronic controller.
- Diagnose compressor electrical failure using manufacturer's data.
- Wire various advanced electrical circuits from wiring diagrams.
- Employ ladder diagrams to evaluate large commercial refrigeration operating systems.
- Replace a positive temperature coefficient (PTC) device with a potential relay and start capacitor.
- Learn the correct ways to program and operate mechanical and electronic time clocks.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines