||Meets MnTC Goal Area 10. This course is a study of sustainability utilizing the principles of permaculture and holistic resource management.
- Define indicators of sustainability.
- Discuss the principles of permaculture.
- Illustrate the concept of polyculture.
- Explain the function and processes of plants, animals, and humans in a defined ecosystem.
- Discuss how agriculture can mimic the processes found in natural ecosystems.
- Outline specific strategies for sustainable food production in an integrated system.
- Illustrate the connections between community institutions and sustainable food production.
- Use permaculture concepts to design a sustainable landscape.
- Evaluate your personal role in creating and maintaining a sustainable landscape.
- Use the premises of holistic resource management to design a sustainable food production enterprise.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines