||This course presents the foundations of animal science and the principles of grazing for multi-species animal systems.
- Compare high density grazing to management intensive grazing systems.
- Outline rotational grazing system components.
- Demonstrate fence designs in rotational grazing systems.
- Describe pasture establishment and improvement techniques.
- Describe grazing season extension techniques.
- Outline basic agroforestry applications.
- Describe basic grass-based beef production.
- Describe basic grass-based poultry production.
- Describe basic pasture-based hog production.
- Describe basic pasture-based lamb and goat production.
- Illustrate a multi-species approach to pasture utilization.
- Analyze effects of continuous grazing.
- Explain the ecological implications of rotational grazing systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines