||In this course, students will learn introductory-level skills that will prepare them to create visual content relevant for today's most widespread social media platforms. Various visual methods and media will be taught, such as static graphic design layout, still photography and videography. Throughout this course, students will be instructed to create visual content that will focus on technical proficiency, core design principles, brand consistency, user experience and user engagement strategies.
- Locate and understand the specifications, regulations and production terminology associated with social media imagery and advertising.
- Learn appropriate production methods for file construction, export formats and online transfers.
- Understand features of current software, hardware and other related equipment to be able to create the best quality visual output.
- Discover best practices to avoid legal and ethical issues that can arise from improper content usage and determine how to best protect yourself from copyright infringement.
- Understand and implement basic design elements and principles in a variety of social media-related projects.
- Identify a brand's voice and core design elements and learn how to apply them consistently across multiple platforms and campaign components.
- Explore techniques to build positive user experience and successfully implement this knowledge in various design projects.
- Learn and experiment with different techniques to create visual content in the form of graphic design layouts, photography and videography.
- Present and defend projects using industry-level vocabulary and rationale.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines