||In this course, students will apply their accumulated knowledge and skills to produce integrated social media campaigns. Campaign projects will involve activities that are designed to imitate industry practices and processes, allowing students to experiment with the tools they'll use on the job. Students will independently complete research and planning, produce original content and analyze the results of their campaign following its completion.
|| MKTG1200 AND MKTG1116
- Understand digital advertising in social media: the process of purchasing ads, placement options, and associated costs and how they're measured.
- Study and practice effective writing techniques for social media environments, focusing on maintaining a consistent brand voice and platform-specific copywriting tactics.
- Discover common industry methods for engaging target audiences and learn how to use these to build strong relationships within online communities.
- Understand how to tailor digital content to reach an intended target market by researching case studies and behaviors on social media platforms.
- Perform research and apply previously acquired knowledge to develop an integrated advertising campaign that includes both traditional and social media components.
- Conceptualize and implement components for a social media campaign by creating original copywriting and visual content.
- Determine and administer measurement methods to analyze the effectiveness of a social media campaign and present an assessment based on this data.
- Build awareness of social engagement opportunities in mobile environments and understand the differences that can exist between mobile and traditional social media approaches.
- Present and defend projects using industry-level vocabulary and rationale.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines