||This course is designed for non-financial personnel who need to understand the basic theories of finance and apply them to practical business decisions. Key topics include learning the generally accepted accounting and budgeting principles, financial statement analysis, analysis of return on investment and cost/benefit ratios analysis of annual reports.
- Analyze financial statements to determine trends and identify potential risks.
- Apply understanding of balance sheets and income statements to effectively explain accounts found on these financial statements.
- Prepare cash flow statements to determine if businesses have adequate income to meet current financial obligations and/or determine credit needs.
- Prepare cash budgets.
- Analyze financial strengths and potential financial risks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of terminology used analyzing budgets and financial processes.
- Construct forecasts to project budgets.
- Analyze balance sheets and income statements to conduct comparative and trend analyses.
- Utilize Excel spreadsheet software to aid in calculations for analysis.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines