||This course introduces basic surgical pharmacology. Topics include drug classification, therapeutic effects, side effects, interactions and dosage calculations.
|| SURT1200 AND SURT1210
- Demonstrate proficiency in dosage calculations for surgical patients, including converting from one system to another.
- Differentiate between types of anesthesia.
- Identify methods of anesthesia administration.
- Identify methods of administering different types of anesthesia.
- Explore pharmacological and therapeutic classifications of surgical medications.
- Define general terminology associated with drug use.
- Identify principles of drug use and anesthesia administration.
- Perform medication preparation while maintaining surgical asepsis.
- Accurately perform sponge, needle and instrument counts.
- Demonstrate safe handling of infectious/hazardous waste.
- Identify anesthesia techniques, medication administration and preparation.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines