||This course introduces the student to patient care in an operating room in the role of surgical technologist.
|| SURT1215 AND SURT1220
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate correct use of pick lists to set up operating suite.
- Maintain patient safety, follow facility policies.
- Maintain asepsis, follow facility policies.
- Perform surgical scrub, gowning and gloving.
- Receive sterile supplies from circulator.
- Perform correct draping for different procedures.
- Prepare medications according to facility policy.
- Perform the correct set-up of supplies, instruments and equipment, and surgical fields.
- Perform counts per hospital policy, including tally counts for reconciliation according to facility policy.
- Hand, hold and pass instruments to surgical team and anticipate needs.
- Verify and identify all specimens obtained.
- Perform sterilization procedures.
- Clean and restock equipment and supplies as need.
- Apply principles of robotics.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines