||This course introduces the student to patient care in an operating room in the role of surgical technologist.
|| SURT1215 AND SURT1220 AND SURT1200 AND SURT1210
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate correct use of pick lists to set up operating suite.
- Maintain patient safety according to facility policy.
- Maintain asepsis according to facility policy.
- Perform surgical scrub, gowning and gloving.
- Receive sterile supplies from circulator.
- Perform correct draping for different procedures.
- Prepare medications according to facility policy.
- Perform the correct setup of supplies.
- Perform surgical reconcilliation counts according to hospital and facility policy.
- Manipulate surgical instrumentation to anticipate surgical team needs.
- Verify and identify all specimens obtained.
- Perform sterilization procedures.
- Clean and restock equipment and supplies as needed.
- Apply principles of robotics.
- Perform patient skin preparation under the direction of the circulator.
- Perform the correct setup of instruments and equipment.
- Perform the correct setup of surgical fields.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines