||This course provides students with an in-depth knowledge of massage techniques. Emphasis will be on the application of the basic massage stokes and their variations. Students will learn proper draping and positioning techniques and recommended client protocol. In regards to ethics, a variety of topics will be discussed and explored in order to help the students form their own written code of ethics.
- Explain the meaning and history of massage.
- Identify the benefits of massage.
- Devise a professional code of ethics.
- Demonstrate basic massage strokes and their variations using the general rules for massage.
- Identify skeletal bones, superficial muscles and endangerment sites.
- Prepare a Health History/client intake form.
- Prepare a form for effective SOAP note charting.
- Perform proper client draping and positioning techniques.
- Devise and perform an effective full body massage sequence.
- Define and give examples of indications and contraindications for massage.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines