||This course prepares the massage student to apply deep muscular therapy techniques. Emphasis will be placed on the use of proper body mechanics and the use of proper techniques to deliver deep tissue massage safely. Trigger point therapy will be used extensively in this course. Students will learn the use of massage tools. Individual muscles will be isolated and massaged with parallel and cross fiber techniques.
- Demonstrate the use of their body weight appropriately to deliver deep tissue massage.
- Demonstrate the use of specific tools for deep tissue massage.
- Explain and demonstrate trigger point therapy techniques.
- Explain the potential effects of deep tissue therapy.
- Demonstrate the proper use of body mechanics.
- Perform warm up techniques on the client prior to administering deep tissue massage.
- Gauge the pressure of their massage strokes to fit the client's needs.
- Recognize and respect their physical boundaries.
- Implement strength development exercises.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines