||This course is designated to prepare the students to take the National Certification Examination (NEC) issued by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB). Students will review anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, clinical pathology, massage theory, massage assessment and practice, adjunct techniques and business practices. Students will be taught to identify the areas where they need the most review and use outside texts to help them maximize their learning potential. A study guide and sample test questions will be used to exemplify the National Certification Examination. Students will be encouraged to apply to take the National Certification Examination after they receive their diploma.
- Review learned knowledge of massage theory.
- Review learned knowledge of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, pathophysiology and business practices.
- Familiarize themselves with areas of weakness.
- Prepare to take the National Certification Examination (NEC).
- Complete an application to take the National Certification Examination (NEC).
- Complete "mock" national certification exam.
- Identify means to improve areas of weakness.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines