||This course will introduce the massage therapist to the business aspects of operating a massage practice. Topics include client scheduling, budgeting, bookkeeping, marketing and massage-related business issues. The course will detail client/therapist business concerns and help prepare students to identify and solve these concerns in a professional manner. Students will learn to write and execute a detailed workable massage business plan.
- Interact professionally with clients.
- Customize a bookkeeping system.
- Prepare a strategic business plan.
- Differentiate between employee and independent contractor status.
- Determine optimal business locations.
- Create a service menu and fee schedule.
- Devise client policies.
- Identify target markets.
- Discuss insurance reimbursement potential.
- Create a weekly schedule.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines