||The students will obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to complete a pre-trip inspection, vehicle handling and on-road driving test needed to obtain the basic Commercial Drivers License. Students must possess a CDL learner permit and have taken a MnDOT physical before registering for this course.
|| Successful completion of MnDOT CDL learner permit.
- Back the truck with trailer at a 40-degree angle.
- Back the truck with trailer between established boundaries.
- Back the truck with trailer in a straight line for 100 feet using only mirrors.
- Complete a pre-trip inspection on the truck/trailer.
- Complete a visual search on the truck/trailer.
- Demonstrate defensive driving techniques with the truck/trailer.
- Maintain control of the truck/trailer on public roads.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines