||This course introduces electrical systems used on powersports/marine equipment, focusing primarily on ignition and electrical components. Students will learn the theories of ignition, induction, AC and DC circuits, and electronic and computer controls. Emphasis will be on proper use of test equipment and system operation.
- Define electrical systems vocabulary and meanings.
- Perform electrical systems repair and service.
- Describe components of ignition systems.
- Perform outboard ignition system repair.
- Perform use of multi-meter.
- Test cranking circuits.
- Test charging systems.
- Perform wire harness testing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines