||This course is a continuation of electrical systems used on powersports/marine equipment, focusing primarily on ignition and starting components. Students will apply the theories of ignition, induction, charging and starting systems. Emphasis will be on proper use of test equipment and the flow of electricity.
- Identify different designs of ignition systems.
- Perform electrical system repair and service.
- Demonstrate systematic troubleshooting.
- Describe components of ignition systems.
- Perform outboard ignition system repair.
- Describe proper troubleshooting methods.
- Test alternator/magneto charging systems.
- Repair mechanical starting systems.
- Perform electric starter system testing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines