||This course is the study of occupational safety, shop orientation procedures and power and hand tool usage. The use of shop equipment applications, fasteners, measuring instruments and service literature, along with appropriate service department etiquette, will be addressed. Four- and two-stroke engine theory along with their proper lubricants will be covered. All these will be taught and expressed with the PowerSports and Marine industry shop experience as a basis for study.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Perform basic service skills.
- Demonstrate safe use of shop equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Identify 2 and 4 stroke engine components.
- Identify lubes, sealants, and adhesives.
- Exhibit use of measuring equipment.
- Demonstrate use of lubes, sealants, and adhesives.
- Identify measuring equipment.
- Interpret nomenclature.
- Outline four stroke engine fundamentals.
- Identify proper fastener usage.
- Outline two stroke engine fundamentals.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines