||This course covers the basics in many types of fuel systems used on current two- and four-cycle off-road/marine products. Training will be on most realms of models, from high-performance to standard output recreational equipment. The incorporation of fuel distribution systems is studied, along with fuel make-up and its properties. Included in this course will be practices of pre-delivery, inspection and troubleshooting, along with seasonal service requirements.
- Perform fuel system component removal and replacement.
- Define fuel system vocabulary and meanings.
- Identify different designs of fuel systems.
- Perform fuel system repair and service.
- Demonstrate fuel system troubleshooting.
- Identify fuel system components.
- Explain carburetor circuit operations.
- Explain fuel pump operation.
- Demonstrate mechanical troubleshooting procedures.
- Demonstrate electrical troubleshooting procedures.
- Identify different styles of carburetors.
- Rebuild carburetors according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Identify various fuel injection designs.
- Identify various fuel injection principles.
- Test fuel pressures and vacuums.
- Test oil pumps for proper operation.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines