||This course introduces electrical systems used on powersports/marine equipment, focusing primarily on ignition and electrical components. Students will learn the theories of ignition, induction, AC and DC circuits, and electronic and computer controls. Emphasis will be on proper use of test equipment and system operation.
- Define electrical systems vocabulary and meanings.
- Identify different designs of electrical systems.
- Perform electrical systems repair and service.
- Demonstrate product systematic troubleshooting.
- Repair various operational systems.
- Describe components of ignition systems.
- Identify different 2-stroke ignition systems.
- Identify different 4-stroke ignition systems.
- Perform outboard ignition system repair.
- Describe multi-meter functionality.
- Perform use of multi-meter.
- Describe proper troubleshooting methods.
- Explain electrical vocabulary.
- Identify magneto charging systems.
- Test alternator charging systems.
- Test magneto charging systems.
- Perform wire harness testing.
- Identify alternator style charging systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines