||This course introduces electrical systems used on powersports/marine equipment, focusing primarily on ignition and electrical components. Students will learn the theories of ignition, induction, AC and DC circuit, and electronic and computer controls. Emphasis will be on proper use of test equipment and system operation.
- Define Electrical systems vocabulary and meanings.
- Identify different designs of electrical systems.
- Describe components of various ignition systems.
- Identify 4-stroke ignition systems.
- Identify 2-stroke ignition systems.
- Describe multi-meter functionality.
- Identify battery charging systems.
- Identify cranking system components.
- Describe cranking system testing.
- Describe battery charging system testing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines