||This course will help students develop the technique and craft involved in hand-drawn two-dimensional (2D) animation and the fundamental principles of traditional animation as well as the fundamental principles of computer animation. Students will learn concepts such as potential versus kinetic energy, basic storytelling, virtual camera animation and vehicle animation.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of technical animation fundamentals.
- Explain principles of animation.
- Utilize animation timing charts.
- Demonstrate energy concepts related to an animated character.
- Create an animated character.
- Create defined character gestures and poses.
- Create character personality.
- Control and manipulate a character's weight.
- Control and manipulate a character's volume.
- Control and manipulate a character's movement.
- Control and manipulate a character's proportions.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines