||This course is a comprehensive introduction of digital textures that simulate details to a digital model that would be impossible to model. This course provides detail attention on standard three-dimensional (3D) projections and UV (axes) mapping on a 3D software package (Autodesk Maya). Professional techniques for texture painting in Photoshop will be addressed along with techniques for overcoming common texture mapping problems.
- Utilize textures and shades on a 3D object.
- Implement 3D projections on a 3D model.
- Extract UV mappings on a 3D model.
- Manipulate image texture and shade using a 3D software package.
- Implement reflection and refraction in a 3D environment.
- Utilize lighting principles to create highlights and shadows.
- Demonstrate rendering in a 3D environment.
- Implement UV mappings on a 3D model.
- Demonstrate ray-tracing in a 3D environment.
- Demonstrate optimization in a 3D environment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines