||This course focuses on the complete integration of computer-generated elements with real world live-action video footage. Throughout this course students are introduced to compositing and integration techniques commonly utilized by film and video professionals in current production pipelines. Students will enhance their three-dimensional (3D) software package knowledge and learn to accurately construct and composite using Adobe Photoshop with 3D computer-generated elements while working in a node-based compositing environment.
|| VGAM1122 AND VGAM1133 AND CSCI1120 AND ART1113 AND ART1108
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of matte creation techniques.
- Utilize Adobe Photoshop to build essential elements of compositing.
- Utilize 3D card systems and camera mapping.
- Demonstrate basic techniques of lighting and rendering.
- Demonstrate basic techniques of node-based compositing.
- Implement effective planning and methodologies.
- Integrate environment recreation from video footage.
- Generate scenes to support 3D characters.
- Participate effectively in team content review and assembly.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines