||This course teaches students techniques to digitize motion and clean up and edit an animated sequence. Students will gain an understanding of motion capture, set-up and shooting, data tracking, skeleton retargeting, and animation correction and enhancement. At the end of this course students will have a deeper understanding of film and game motion capture pipelines.
|| VGAM1122 AND VGAM1133 AND CSCI1120 AND ART1108 AND ART1113
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the set-up of a motion data shoot.
- Record a data tracking subject.
- Digitalize motion recording data to the skeleton of a 3D character.
- Demonstrate the enhancement of a 3D character data motion on a video game.
- Demonstrate the application of a 3D character data motion on a video game.
- Demonstrate the simulation of a 3D character data motion on a video game.
- Clean up an animated sequence.
- Demonstrate skeleton retargeting.
- Explain the function of a motion capture pipeline.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines