||This course incorporates the skills learned in the Digital Modeling Creation and Digital Texturing and Lighting courses and applies them to the development of three-dimensional (3D) characters. Students will move through stages of preproduction, conceptual development, and character sheets. Students will compete a fully textured organic 3D model appropriate for use in a high resolution game.
|| VGAM1122 AND VGAM1133 AND CSCI1120 AND ART1108 AND ART2111
- Design a character from different perspectives using traditional media.
- Create and model the basic structure of the character with non-uniform rational B-splines (NURBS).
- Create and model the basic structure of the character with polygons.
- Generate subdivisions on the surface of the modeled character.
- Refine character anatomy.
- Utilize the surface flow process to create texture maps.
- Generate character maps.
- Paint character textures.
- Add textures to characters.
- Create camera and light effects that render character.
- Utilize workflow designs in groups.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines