||In this game preproduction course, students will present a plan and pitch the genre and scope of a video game project. They will include the actual design, interactivity, theme, art style and possible project issues. Students will work in groups, decide what features will be included in the game and assign different tasks to each team member on the project. Students will also design and create their story and the assets needed in their project and will work as a team as if they were working in a commercial video game project. The focus of this course is to recreate an industry production workflow while concentrating on the aspects of character and environment creation, texture and lighting effects.
|| VGAM2111 AND VGAM2122 AND VGAM2133 AND VGAM2144 AND VGAM2155
- Demonstrate team-building skills.
- Implement planning methodology.
- Perform design character creation.
- Execute art and theme creation and integration.
- Implement production modeling techniques.
- Make use of a character pipeline.
- Execute environmental strategies.
- Demonstrate advanced texture creation.
- Integrate and define assets management techniques.
- Participate in team content review and integration.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines