||This course increases student understanding of video game requirements. The course focuses on constructing a playable stage with three-dimensional (3D) geometry and texture preparatory to designing the usability and the logic of the game. Students will learn the importance of setting the correct light mood of each scene as well as its continuation throughout the different game stages. During this class, students will design, build, texture, light and add effects for a game level. The successful completion of this course will provide students with the necessary knowledge and tools to develop content for game environments.
|| VGAM2111 AND VGAM2122 AND VGAM2133 AND VGAM2144 AND VGAM2155
- Develop level design game concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of playability for the game user.
- Implement scene planning.
- Design environmental modeling.
- Generate game player interactions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of usability for the game user.
- Implement space planning.
- Design environmental lighting.
- Integrate a complex real-world light environment in game scenes.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines