||This course allows students to use the tools, techniques and artistic skills developed through the Video Game courses and apply them to the creation of a game project assets portfolio. Students will create assets in a production environment with a team of artists, programmers and producers to produce a computer game. They will also be tasked with creating portfolio-quality material in order to demonstrate their competency and ability as three-dimensional (3D) game artists. One aspect of this is creation of a demo (demonstration) reel to provide students with the opportunity to develop the type of demo reel commonly expected during job interviews. During this time, students take the content developed throughout their degree program and assemble it into a presentable package.
|| VGAM2111 AND VGAM2122 AND VGAM2133 AND VGAM2144 AND VGAM2155
- Demonstrate team-building skills.
- Implement planning methodology.
- Select character creations from previous courses.
- Execute art/theme creation and integration.
- Perform production modeling techniques.
- Develop a character pipeline sample.
- Determine environmental strategies.
- Showcase advanced texture creation.
- Implement assets management.
- Perform content review and assembly.
- Implement audio assembly.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines