||This project-based course provides the fundamentals of Web graphics using Adobe Photoshop. Students will learn how to create and enhance digital images with composites, layers, masks and filters by working with vector and raster images. Emphasis will be placed on optimizing images for Web and mobile delivery, as well as using Photoshop as a tool in the Web design process.
- Identify Photoshop's role in the field of Web design.
- Navigate Photoshop's interface.
- Identify the differences between vector and raster images.
- Create logos, banners, buttons and backgrounds using Photoshop tools.
- Correct image defects caused from age, damage, lighting, color and other imperfections.
- Enhance images with layers, composites, masks and filters.
- Optimize images for Web and mobile delivery with a thorough understanding of image quality, size and file type.
- Create wireframes, sitemaps and other diagrams using appropriate Photoshop tools.
- Use animations and image slicing to enhance a Web page.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines