||This course will examine a variety of multimedia tools used to create and deliver multimedia content for Web and mobile applications. Students will learn how to incorporate text, graphics, animation, sound and video into Web applications while adhering to Web standards. Timeline-based creation of animation, video and sound will be emphasized. Several platforms, software packages, hardware devices, browsers and Web services will be discussed.
- Identify the role of text, graphics, audio, animation and video within Web and mobile applications.
- Examine hardware and software tools used in multimedia development.
- Use appropriate hardware to acquire and prepare media.
- Use appropriate software to create and edit media.
- Apply legal considerations when acquiring text, graphics, audio, animation and video files for use in multimedia development.
- Develop text, graphics, audio and video files for use in multimedia projects.
- Create Web animations using text, graphics, audio and video.
- Manipulate text, graphics, audio and video for use within Web and mobile applications.
- Produce multimedia elements that adhere to current Web accessibility standards.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines