||This course introduces emerging online technologies and trends and their influence on the electronic commerce marketplace. Students will learn various revenue models and how to market on the Web. The course introduces online auctions and various legal and ethical issues. Students will learn about important security issues such as spam and phishing. Students will learn how to plan for electronic commerce and develop an online marketing plan.
- Evaluate the origins of the electronic commerce model and how it fits into the world economy.
- Evaluate current electronic commerce strategies, trends, technologies and practices.
- Evaluate legal and ethical issues related to electronic commerce.
- Evaluate electronic commerce packages.
- Compare payment gateway options.
- Compare online business strategies.
- Evaluate key elements of an electronic commerce business plan.
- Analyze search engine optimization techniques.
- Compare online marketing strategies.
- Analyze online marketing needs of businesses.
- Develop online marketing plans.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines