||In this class, students will utilize the knowledge learned in previous classes to create websites and applications with emphasis on client-side technologies. The focus of this course is a top-down approach whereby students are assigned a project, assess the needs of the project and develop a project plan. Students will then identify what it will take to complete that Web project. Students will participate in group-based development activities, learn traditional project management techniques and implement technologies as needed to create a working system.
|| WEBD1110 AND WEBD1120
- Assess and determine the needs of end users.
- Determine the nature and scope of a Web project.
- Develop a scope statement that accurately reflects a Web development project.
- Apply the systems development life cycle (SDLC) to the planning of Web projects.
- Use software to plan, design, execute, control and evaluate Web development projects.
- Estimate time and cost for projects.
- Develop schedules appropriate for various types of projects.
- Assess the skills of group members in group development projects.
- Apply appropriate technologies to address the goals of various types of projects.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines