||Students will learn the concepts and skills necessary for designing the user interface (UI) of websites and applications for the targeted user. This course is focused on the UI design process, with emphasis on the important topics of visual design, writing for the Web and accessibility.
- Utilize the interface design process to organize simple to complex user interfaces.
- Design websites and applications that are easy to navigate and intuitive to use.
- Design aesthetically pleasing and visually interesting websites and applications.
- Create websites and applications that are usable and functional for users with disabilities.
- Utilize technologies that support the tasks and purposes of the website or application.
- Write effectively for the website or application user.
- Incorporate interface design concepts to redesign an existing interface.
- Describe the purpose and function of a home page.
- Develop an accessibility testing environment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines