||Students will utilize the knowledge gained in previous classes to create Web applications with client-side and server-side technologies. The focus of this course is a top-down approach whereby students are assigned a project, assess the needs of the project and develop a project plan. Students then identify what it will take to complete that Web project. Students will participate in group-based development activities, learn rapid application development project management techniques and implement technologies as needed to create a working system.
- Assess and determine the needs of end users.
- Determine the nature and scope of a Web project.
- Develop a scope statement that accurately reflects a Web development project.
- Apply the rapid application development (RAD) approach to the planning of Web projects.
- Use software to plan, design, execute, control and evaluate Web development projects.
- Estimate time and cost for projects.
- Determine how best to monitor and control work flow.
- Assess the skills of group members in group development projects.
- Apply appropriate technologies to address the goals of various types of projects.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines