||This is a basic foundation course in the area of Wine Studies. The course will help students understand the process of wine making and develop the senses necessary to evaluate wines. Students will study the classical wine varietals of the world and learn wine service techniques according to the professional standards of sommelier. Note: All persons must be at least 21 years of age and have a photo ID as proof of age before enrolling.
|| All persons enrolling must be of at least 21 years of age and present a photo ID.
- Examine the basic process of wine making.
- Identify grape varietals.
- Develop senses of sight, smell, touch and taste as they relate to wine tasting.
- Identify classic wine aromas and flavors.
- Identify wine faults.
- Taste and evaluate classic wine varietals.
- Compare old world wines to new world wines.
- Identify and locate wine producing regions.
- Examine wine labels.
- Practice wine service, following professional Sommelier standards.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines