Degrees Offered Click on a degree below to view details
PowerSports Technology Diploma
Locations: Detroit Lakes
PowerSports Technology - Diploma program at a glance
Students who wish to become skilled PowerSports mechanics must be capable of diagnosing mechanical failures quickly and accurately if they are to be in a position to repair the job at a fair salary return. Most types of two- and four-cycle small engines that are currently used to power lawn mowers, snowblowers, generators, garden tractors, rototillers, snowmobiles, ATVs and personal watercraft will be covered. Students who perform satisfactorily may find employment as service technicians, sales personnel and factory representatives, or they may wish to enter business for themselves.This program requires a mechanical aptitude and the ability to read and comprehend technical service manuals, understand and perform a variety of diagnostic procedures, and work well with fellow employees and customers.
Meet the faculty
PowerSports Technology Instructor
PowerSports Technology Program Video
- Industry certificates offered through the PowerSports Technology program: Level One Cat Master Snowmobile Certification, Level One Cat Master ATV Certification, EETC (Equipment and Engine Training Counsel) Two-Cycle Certification, EETC Four-Cycle Certification, EETC Electrical Certification, Stihl Certification, Honda Certification, and Yamaha Certification.
- A number of industry update seminars are held at our facilities.
- Students learn service, repair and maintenance of boats, snowmobiles, & personal watercraft.
- The average class size is approximately 20 students per faculty.
- Students may find employment as service technicians, sales personnel, factory research and development personnel or factory representatives.
Last modified: May 6th, 2014 at 09:46am