Programs & Majors » Fire Department Company Officer - Certificate (22 credits) Back to degree list »
This program is either discontinued or under review - and is only shown for archival purposes.
On this page
Meet the faculty
Total Credits: 22
About this program
The Fire Department Company Officer program is designed for individuals who have a minimum of two years experience as fire service personnel. The program prepares individuals for the role of company officer, the individual who organizes, coordinates and controls a fire response team. The Fire Company Officer Program presents critical subject matter to students who, upon completion of the certificate, would be prepared to serve as a fire department supervisor. Program graduates receive a fire company officer certificate of credit. The program meets qualification standards for state certification in the state in which the student resides.
1. Demonstrate competency in conducting emergency scene operations.
2. Demonstrate competency in leading subordinates.
3. Integrate leadership theories into daily interactions and management duties.
4. Articulate the companies' and the fire department's role in the community.
5. Demonstrate competency in developing and presenting company level training.
6. Demonstrate an ability to align company physical needs with the department's budget process.
7. Demonstrate competency in writing company level legal documents.
8. Be prepared to obtain a Minnesota Fire Officer I and II certification, or the equivalent in their state of residence.
The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, (800) 621-7440, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504.